Wednesday, May 6, 2009

ABBREVIATIONS - A


A - - - - - - - -Adult, Audit, First Class
A.A - - - - - - Alchoholic Anonymous
A.A.F.I - - -  Amateur Athletics Federation of India
A.A.G.O.C -  Asian Games Organising Committee
A.A.P.S.O -   Afro-Asian Peoples Solidarity Organisation
A.B.C - - - - - Atomic Biological and Chemical, Audit Bureau of Circulation
A.C - - - - -   Alternating Current, Air-Conditioned, Anti Christum, Ashoka 
                                                                                                    Chakra
a/c - - - - - - Account
Acct - - - - - Accountant
ACL - - - - -  Access Control List
A.D - - - - -  Anno Domini-in the year of Lord
A.D.A.M - -  Animated Dissection of Anatomy for Medicine
A.D.B - - - - Asian Developement Bank
A.D.C - - - - Aide-de-camp
A.G - - - - -  Accountant General, Adjutant General
A.G.P - - - - Accelerated Graphics Port
A.H - - - - -  Anno Hegirae(622AD)
A.I - - - - - - Air India, Artificial Intelligence
A.I.C.C - - - All India Congress Committee
A.I.C.T.E -  All India Council of Technical Education
A.I.D.S - - - Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome
A.I.F.F - - - All India Football Federation
A.I.I.M.S - - All India Institute of Medical Sciences
A.I.N.E.C -  All India Newspaper Editors Conference
A.I.T.U.C -  All India Trade Union Congress
A.I.R - - - -  All India Radio
A.M.I.E - - - Associated Member of Institute of Engineering
A.M - - - - - Anti Meridian, Amplitude Modulation
A.N.C - - -  African National Congress
A.N.N - - -  Artificial Neural Network
A.N.E.R.T - Agency of Non conventional Energy and Rural Technology
A.O.C - - - - Air Officer Commanding
A.P.C.T.T - Asian and Pacific Centre for Transfer of Technology
ARPANET -  Advanced Research Project Agency Network
A.S.C.I.I - -  American Standard Code for Information Interchange
A.S.E.A.N -  Association  of South East Asian Nations
A.S.E.M - - - Asia-Europe Meeting
A.S.L.V - - - Augmented Satellite Launch Vehicle
A.S.S.O. CHAM - Associated Chamber of Commerce and Industry
A.T&T - - - - -American Telegraphic and Telephone Co Ltd
A.T.C - - - - - Air Traffic Control
A.T.M - - - -  Automatic Teller Machine, Adobe Type Manager
A.T.P - - - - - Adenosine Tri-Phosphate
A.T.R - - - - - Action Taken Report
A.T.S - - - - - Anti-Tetanus Serum
A.U - - - - - - Astronomical Units
A.V.A.R.D -  Association of Voluntary Agencies  for Rural Development
A.V.R.C - - - Audio Visual Research Centre
A.V.S.M - - - Ati Vishisht Seva Medal
A.W.A.C.S -  Airborne Early Warning And Control System

1 comment:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT

GK - QUIZ - 4

1.Who is inventor of television?    ANSWER: John Logie Baird    2.According to the 2001 Census, what is the sex-ratio (females per ...